's 2014 Horror Write-off:

" The Akaname "

Submitted by James B. Davis

It was my first, and my last, trip in Japan. I had been seeking a vacation for a long time, and someone I new was looking to get rid of some plane tickets for a two way trip to Japan. I gladly excepted the offer, because as I said, I'd been wanting to go somewhere on vacation for I while, and I didn't want to go somewhere in America. I had two weeks to be in Japan, and, I was pretty excited, I just wish I wouldn't have gone now.

I had a couple days till the tickets where done for, so I had to hurry and pack. I brought every thing I might need, cloths, toothbrush, and of course my camera. As I the days before my trip went by, I sat around my house and watched TV and searched the web, just waiting to get on the plane and fly across the sea.

So when the day came, I woke about 6:00 AM, and got in a cab, and rode to the Airport. I waited for about two hours, drank some coffee and ate breakfast in a little cafe there. When it was finally time to board the plane, I waited about an hour inside the plane before take off, as you can see, things where getting off to a ruff start...

I arrived in Japan after about 6 hours on the plane, and after that I walked around the plaza and waited for a cab to arrive for me, which finally did after about ten minutes. Thank god I had an English speaking cab driver.

“First time in Japan?” asked the cab driver

“Yeah, first time out of America actually.” I said back to him, looking at him in the rear view mirror

“Oh really? Well, long are you here?” he asked

“Two weeks. You wouldn't happen to know a good hotel would you?” I answered and asked.

The cab drive suggested a small five room hotel in west side Tokyo, and dropped me off there. They excepted American money, which was good, and the rooms where decent, the only down side was that there where no bathrooms in the rooms. You had to walk out of your room and outside of the building, and go to a bathroom that was connected to building. It wasn't really that bad, but it was a shame during the middle of the night.

I only spent three nights here, because of what happened the last night I was there. But we'll get to that, I spent those first two day walking around western Tokyo, taking plenty of pictures, and things like that, and then spent half of the third day siting in my room watching Japanese television, and let me tell you, that never get's old. I mean, it might be the strangest stuff I've ever seen on television.

That night I went to bed early, around 8:30 PM, I was real tired from the two days earlier. Plus the other half of that day I went for a two mile run, and I'm not in the best of shape. So I fell to sleep nearly the minute my head hit the pillow. I woke up at about 12:00 AM having to pee, and walked outside my bed room after putting on my jacket, and some pants. I stumbled slightly as my eyes adjusted. By the time I reached the bathroom, my eyes where fully adjust to my surroundings, and I was awake enough to know what was going on around me. But the door was locked, and I could hear heavy breathing inside.

I waited at the door for about five minutes, hopping slightly in hopes of keeping the urine in my bladder. Eventually I knocked on the door, and got no answer, so I just sat there for a few more minutes. After that, I got really mad, and just said “Fuck it!” and slowly opened the door. Filth covered the floor, and then, I saw it. I no longer had to pee when I saw it, it was red, a small tuff of hair on top of it's head, it's skin was incredibly bumpy, but it's tongue was impossibly long, it touched the ground, it had been licking it. When it saw me, it's tongue retracted into it's mouth, licking up filth from the ground in the process. It curled it's lips up to reveal long sharp teeth and hissed! Quickly I slammed the door, and ran into my room. I stayed there for a the entire night, awake with a vase in my hand.

I did fall asleep at some point. I don't know when, but it happened at some point. But I woke as the sun was rising, and I was hesitant to open the door at first, but after a few minutes, I mustered up some courage, and opened the door. That was the last night I stayed there, that day I moved to the other side of Tokyo. And I really didn't leave the hotel the whole time, I left to a few times to get food, or just to walk around for half an hour, but didn't do anything the rest of the time. I just simply waited for my plane, and when the time came to leave, I was really happy. I just want to leave, and never see Japan again. And that what I did. I'll never step foot in Japan ever again, I'm happy here in America, and I don't plan leaving America ever again...